WHAT TO EXPECT DURING A DENTAL IMPLANT
If you are a good candidate for a dental implant procedure, the dentists will explain all the steps to you. Here is what you can expect:
- During the first sitting, your gums will be numbed with an anesthetic, and a small incision will be made where the tooth is missing.
- Through the incision, the dentist will insert the titanium rod that gets fixed into your jawbone. The tip of the rod extends above the gum line.
- The incision is sutured around the implant and is given time to heal.
- A few weeks or months later when your gums have healed and the bone has fused around the implant, you will be called in for a second procedure.
- During the second sitting, an abutment is attached to the top of the implant.
- An impression of your jaw will be taken, and a replacement tooth will be made to match the size of the missing tooth and the color of your other teeth.
- The new tooth will then be securely attached to the abutment.
- After the procedure, your gums will feel a little sore, but this will clear up in a few days. Your dentist will also prescribe painkillers for you so that you don’t feel any discomfort while you heal.
Your new tooth will be made to look exactly like one of your natural teeth. The prosthetic might feel a little uncomfortable at the start, but you will soon get used to it.
Please reach out to Amaya Dental in Miami, FL, 33126 to have a consultation with our Dentist in Miami FL or Amaya Dental in PembrokePines, FL, 33024, to have a consultation with our Dentist in PembrokePines FL. Please call us at (305) 264-2711 / (954) 963-3383 or schedule an online consultation, and we’ll guide you further.